Sabbath Mood Homeschool Presents
Living Science Study Guides
A Charlotte Mason Resource for Exploring Science, a Vast and Joyous Realm
In this high school chemistry study guide, students will be introduced to the principles and tools of the study of chemistry through the use of the following items:
- Reading assignments
- Activities related to the reading
- Narration and discussion prompts
- Recommended supplemental books, videos, and articles
- Suggested leisure reading options
- Links to current events
- Exam questions
This study guide accompanies the living book Wonders of Chemistry by A. Frederick Collins (Forgotten Books, 2016/1922) available on Amazon, or for a more extensive used copy search, try used.addall.com.
- 282 pages, 20 chapters *completed over 3 terms
- Reading Level: grade 8-12
- Prerequisites: none
Necessary Titles to Complement This Course
- The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe by Theodore Gray (Black Dog & Leventhal, 2012, 240 pp.) *Buy the book or the app. Also, the book has been reproduced on Theodore Gray’s website.
- That’s the Way the Cookie Crumbles by Joe Schwarcz (ECW Press, 2002, 273 pp.)
This study guide includes 33 lessons, each requiring approximately 30-40 minutes. You can either schedule it:
- Three times a week for 11 weeks allowing for exams during the 12th week, or
- Once a week for an entire year, allowing time for exams at the end of each term, and including other science subjects on the other days of the week.