Sabbath Mood Homeschool Presents
Living Science Study Guides
A Charlotte Mason Resource for Exploring Science, a Vast and Joyous Realm
In this elementary school study guide, students will be introduced to the study of botany. You will find the following items included:
- Reading assignments
- Activities based on the reading
- Narration and discussion prompts
- Object lesson and nature lore prompts
- Suggested leisure reading options
- Recommended supplemental books, videos, and articles
- Exam questions
This study guide accompanies the living book The First Book of Plants by Alice Dickinson. Buy a newly reprinted copy of this book from Living Library Press, or for an extensive used copy search, try used.addall.com.
- 71 pages
- Reading Level: 4-8 grade
- Prerequisites: none
Important Supply Note:
Seed packets may be hard to find in the fall and winter, so be prepared by purchasing your seeds early.
Necessary Titles to Complement This Course
- Handbook of Nature Study by Anna Botsford Comstock
This study guide includes 33 morning lessons, three per week, each requiring 20-30 minutes. Each week will include the following science lessons:
- Weekly Lesson 1: Nature Lore
- Weekly Lesson 2: Natural History Science Reading and sometimes an activity
- Weekly Lesson 3: Special Studies Reading or Natural History Activity
Other necessary science and nature study should be done during afternoons or evenings, and may include the following:
- Daily work outside exploring and investigating, making notes or drawings of observations.
- Additional reading on this science topic and nature topics according to individual desire and interest.