Sabbath Mood Homeschool Presents
Living Science Study Guides
A Charlotte Mason Resource for Exploring Science, a Vast and Joyous Realm
**If you need to start on this right away, let me know and I’ll make the first lessons available to you now.
In this high school study guide, students will learn about sound, electricity, magnetism, and energy. The following items are included:
- Reading assignments
- Activities based on the readings
- Recommended supplemental books, videos, and articles
- Discussion prompts
- Suggested biographies for students who takes a particular interest in this topic
- Links to current events
- Exam questions
This study guide accompanies the living book For the Love of Physics by Walter Lewin (Free Press, 2011).
This book is available on Amazon, but for more extensive used-copy search, try used.addall.com.
- 284 pages, 15 chapters (102 pp, 5 chapters this term)
- Reading Level: Grade 10 and up
- Prerequisites: H.S. Physics (part 1)
*This book is also available as a well-read audiobook which might be a nice option if the reading level is a bit difficult for your student. Look for it on Audible.com (free with a 30-day trial,) Learn Out Loud or iTunes.
This study guide includes 33 lessons, each requiring approximately 30-40 minutes. You can either schedule it:
- Three times a week for 11 weeks, allowing for exams during the 12th week, or
- Once a week for an entire year, allowing time for exams at the end of each term and including other science subjects on the other days of the week.